Composition Abiraterone Acetate (250mg)
Primary Use Prostate cancer
cautionPotentially unsafe with Pregnancy Lactation
Medicine Overview of Abretone Tablet
Uses of Abretone Tablet
Abretone 250mg Tablet is used in the treatment of prostate cancer.
Abretone Tablet side effects
Decreased potassium level in blood, Edema (swelling), Increased blood pressure, Urinary tract infection, Diarrhoea.
How to use Abretone Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Abretone 250mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
How Abretone Tablet works
Abiraterone acetate belongs to a class drugs known as antiandrogens. It stops the body from making testosterone which can slow the growth of prostate cancer.
In Depth Information on Abretone Tablet
Expert advice for Abretone Tablet
- Abiraterone acetate must be taken at least one hour before or two hours after eating and never with food.
- Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing abiraterone acetate tablets.
- Men who take abiraterone acetate should always use effective birth control measure when having physical relationship with a woman who is or may become pregnant.
- Contact your doctor if you experience any bone pain. An increased occurrence of bone fractures has been reported in patients using abiraterone acetate.
- Before you take abiraterone acetate tell your doctor if you have high blood sugar, swelling in the feet, ankles, or legs or any effects on your bones or have taken a medicine known as ketoconazole in the past for prostate cancer.
- You must inform your doctor or dentist that you take abiraterone acetate before receiving any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
Abretone Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for Abretone Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Abretone 250mg Tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Abretone 250mg Tablet is unsafe to use during lactation. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Abretone 250mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Abretone 250mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Abretone 250mg Tablet is recommended. Because of the limited information, cautious use of Abretone 250mg Tablet is recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Abretone 250mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Abretone 250mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.