Composition Doxorubicin (Plain) (10mg)
Primary Use Blood cancer
cautionPotentially unsafe with Lactation
Medicine Overview of Adrim Injection
Uses of Adrim Injection
Adrim 10mg Injection is used in the treatment of blood cancer.
Adrim Injection side effects
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Infection, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Hair loss, Painful blisters on hands and feet, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Decreased appetite, Decreased blood cells (red cells, white cells, and platelets), Decreased white blood cell count, Fever, Mucosal inflammation, Anemia (low number of red blood cells).
How to use Adrim Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Adrim Injection works
Adrim 10mg Injection is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Adrim Injection
Expert advice for Adrim Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow.
- Inform your doctor if you have received doxorubicin or any other anthracycline as anti-cancer therapy or radiation to the upper body.
- You may need to perform blood count, heart/kidney/liver function tests before therapy.
- Take precaution while taking doxorubicin as you may develop infection and bleeding episodes.
- This therapy may cause damage to heart muscle or heart failure, the risk is more if radiation was used as treatment before for upper body.
- Doxorubicin therapy causes high levels of uric acid in blood, also urine may turn red on therapy and this is not a sign of any damage.?
- Live or attenuated vaccines (like polio, malaria) should not be taken during therapy and contact with persons who receive them must be avoided.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should be counselled about the toxic effect of this drug on babies. They should use two effective methods of contraception while on this therapy and 6 months after stopping it.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and 6 months post it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as doxorubicin may cause nausea and vomiting.
Adrim Injection related warnings
Special precautions for Adrim Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Adrim 10mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy. There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Adrim 10mg Injection is unsafe to use during lactation. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well. As there is a frequent occurrence of nausea and vomiting with Adrim 10mg Injection so driving should be discouraged.
Adrim 10mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Adrim 10mg Injection is recommended. However, inform your doctor if you have any kidney disease.
Adrim 10mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Adrim 10mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.