Medicine Overview of Cosentyx 150mg
Uses of Cosentyx 150mg
Cosentyx 150mg side effects
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur:
- athlete’s foot
- eye infection (e.g., discharge with itching, redness, swelling)
- itchy rash
- signs of infection (symptoms may include fever or chills, severe diarrhea, shortness of breath, prolonged dizziness, headache, stiff neck, weight loss, or listlessness)
- thrush (white patches in the mouth)
- Stop taking the medication and seek immediate medical attention if any of the following occur:
- signs of a serious allergic reaction (e.g., abdominal cramps, difficulty breathing, nausea and vomiting, or swelling of the face and throat)
How to use Cosentyx 150mg
Secukinumab is administered by subcutaneous injection in the thigh, buttocks, or abdomen. It is important to rotate the site of injection in order to minimize the risk of fat wasting at the site of injection. If possible, avoid injecting into areas that are affected by psoriasis.
Do not shake this medication before using it. The solution for injection should be clear and colourless-to-slightly-yellow. If it is brown or you can see particles in the solution, do not use it.
How Cosentyx 150mg works
In Depth Information on Cosentyx 150mg
Expert advice for Cosentyx 150mg
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist before using Cosentyx:
- if you currently have an infection
- if you have long-term or repeated infections.
- if you have tuberculosis.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to latex.
- if you have Crohn’s disease.
- if you have ulcerative colitis.
- if you have recently had a vaccination or if you are due to have a vaccination during treatment with Cosentyx.
- if you are receiving any other treatment for psoriasis, such as another immunosuppressant or phototherapy with ultraviolet (UV) light.
Cosentyx 150mg related warnings
Special precautions for Cosentyx 150mg
pregnant women are not known. If you are a woman of childbearing potential, you are advised
to avoid becoming pregnant and must use adequate contraception while using Cosentyx and for
at least 20 weeks after the last Cosentyx dose. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant, think you
may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
should decide if you will breast-feed or use Cosentyx. You should not do both. After using
Cosentyx you should not breast-feed for at least 20 weeks after the last dose.
What if you miss a dose of Cosentyx 150mg ?
talk to your doctor to discuss when you should inject the next dose.