Composition Crizotinib (250mg)
Primary Use Non-small cell lung cancer
Medicine Overview of Crizonix 250mg
Uses of Crizonix 250mg
Crizonix 250mg Capsule is used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer.
Crizonix 250mg side effects
Nausea, Vomiting, Edema (swelling), Diarrhoea, Constipation, Abdominal pain, Vision disorder, Dizziness, Altered taste, Fatigue, Decreased appetite, Rash, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils).
How to use Crizonix 250mg
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Crizonix 250mg Capsule may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Crizonix 250mg works
Crizonix 250mg Capsule is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Crizonix 250mg
Expert advice for Crizonix 250mg
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine if you have lung problems, severe kidney disease, mild or moderate liver disease, reduced heart rate, abnormal ECG of heart, inflammation, perforation or cancer of the abdomen or intestines, or vision problems.
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine for treatment of any infection, mental diseases, heart problems, migraine, gout, malaria, glaucoma, or cancer.
- You may be monitored for liver function, lung function test every month as crizotinib may cause life-threatening or fatal liver injury or inflammation of the lungs.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this drug as it may cause dizziness, tiredness and problems with your vision.
Crizonix 250mg related warnings
Special precautions for Crizonix 250mg
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Crizonix 250mg Capsule is unsafe to use during pregnancy. There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Crizonix 250mg Capsule is probably unsafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Crizonix 250mg Capsule may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or affect your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear.
Crizonix 250mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Crizonix 250mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Crizonix 250mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Crizonix 250mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Crizonix 250mg Capsule may not be advised in patients with the severe liver disease.
What if you miss a dose of Crizonix 250mg?
If you miss a dose of Crizonix 250mg Capsule, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.