Composition Entecavir 0.5mg
Substitutes X-Vir 0.5mg 30s, Entehep 0.5mg 10s x 3, ETV
Shipping class Room Temperature
Medicine Overview of Entavir 0.5mg 10s
Uses of Entavir 0.5mg 10s
Entecavir is used in the treatment of Chronic Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) Infection.
Entavir 0.5mg 10s side effects
Headache, Dizziness, Tiredness, Nausea
How to use Entavir 0.5mg 10s
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Entavir 0.5 mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
How Entavir 0.5mg 10s works
Entecavir is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up your infection.
In Depth Information on Entavir 0.5mg 10s
Expert advice for Entavir 0.5mg 10s
- You have been prescribed Entecavir for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection.
It may also be used in combination with other medicines for the treatment of HIV infections.
- Take it with food, as this increases the absorption of the medicine into the body.
- Entecavir may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don’t drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- You may still develop infections or other illnesses associated with viral infection while taking this medication.
- You can also pass on HIV or HBV to others. Don’t share needles or personal items that can have blood or body fluids on them.
- During treatment and for at least six months after stopping this medicine, regular blood tests are needed to monitor your liver function, level of hepatitis B virus and blood cells in your blood.
Entavir 0.5mg 10s related warnings
Special precautions for Entavir 0.5mg 10s
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Entavir 0.5 mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Entavir 0.5 mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Entavir 0.5 mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Entavir 0.5 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Entavir 0.5 mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Entavir 0.5 mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with liver disease. No dose adjustment of Entavir 0.5 mg Tablet is recommended.
What if you miss a dose of Entavir 0.5mg 10s?
If you miss a dose of Entavir 0.5 mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.