Composition Febuxostat 40mg
Substitutes Febustat 40mg 10s x 10, zurig 40 mg 10s x 3
Shipping class Room Temperature
Medicine Overview of Febuget 40mg 10s x 10 Tablets
Uses of Febuget 40mg 10s x 10 Tablets
Febuget 40 Tablet is used in the treatment of gout.
Febuget 40mg 10s x 10 Tablets side effects
Increased liver enzymes, Diarrhoea, Headache, Nausea, Skin rash
How to use Febuget 40mg 10s x 10 Tablets
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Febuget 40 Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Febuget 40mg 10s x 10 Tablets works
Febuget 40 Tablet is a xanthine oxidase inhibitor. It works by decreasing blood uric acid, which is the chemical that causes gout.
In Depth Information on Febuget 40mg 10s x 10 Tablets
Expert advice for Febuget 40mg 10s x 10 Tablets
- Your doctor has prescribed Febuget 40 Tablet to reduce episodes of gout attack.
- Take Febuget 40 Tablet at the same time every day, with or without food.
- Take plenty of fluids (2-3 litres) daily while on Febuget 40 Tablet.
- Notify your doctor if you develop a rash. This could be a sign of allergy and should go away on discontinuing Febuget 40 Tablet.
- When you first start taking Febuget 40 Tablet, you might have more gout attacks. Do not stop Febuget 40
- Tablet on having an acute attack of gout as that could make an attack worse.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Febuget 40 Tablet as it may cause your gout to flare up.
Febuget 40mg 10s x 10 Tablets related warnings
Special precautions for Febuget 40mg 10s x 10 Tablets
Taking alcohol can increase your uric acid levels and hence aggravate gout.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Febuget 40 Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Febuget 40 Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well. Febuget 40 Tablet may cause dizziness, sleepiness, blurred vision, numbness or tingling sensation. This may affect your driving ability.
Febuget 40 Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Febuget 40 Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limited information is available regarding the use of Febuget 40 Tablet in these patients.
Febuget 40 Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Febuget 40 Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limited information is available regarding the use of Febuget 40 Tablet in these patients.
What if you miss a dose of Febuget 40mg 10s x 10 Tablets?
If you miss a dose of Febuget 40 Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.