Composition Imatinib 100mg
Substitutes Veenat 100mg 120s, Glivec 100 mg 10s
Shipping class Room Temperature
Medicine Overview of Imatib 100mg 10s Capsules
Uses of Imatib 100mg 10s Capsules
Imatib 100 mg Capsule is used in the treatment of blood cancer (Chronic myeloid leukaemia) and gastrointestinal stromal tumour.
Imatib 100mg 10s Capsules side effects
Nausea, Rash, Vomiting, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Edema (swelling), Abdominal pain, Fatigue, Diarrhoea, Muscle cramps.
How to use Imatib 100mg 10s Capsules
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Imatib 100 mg Capsule is to be taken with food.
How Imatib 100mg 10s Capsules works
Imatib 100 mg Capsule is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Imatib 100mg 10s Capsules
Expert advice for Imatib 100mg 10s Capsules
- You have been prescribed Imatinib mesylate for the treatment of blood cancer and gastrointestinal stromal tumour.
- Always take it with food and a full glass of water.
- It may cause dizziness or blurred vision. Don’t drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Water retention and swelling are very common side effects of Imatinib mesylate. Notify your doctor if you have unexpected rapid weight gain.
- Do not change the dose or discontinue use without consulting your doctor.
- Notify your doctor about all the medications you are taking, including over the counter medicines and dietary supplements.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your liver function and the number of blood cells in your blood.
Imatib 100mg 10s Capsules related warnings
Special precautions for Imatib 100mg 10s Capsules
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Imatib 100 mg Capsule is unsafe to use during pregnancy. There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Imatib 100 mg Capsule is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby. After taking Imatib 100 mg Capsule avoid breastfeeding for 8 to 9 hours to reduce the exposure to the baby.
Imatib 100 mg Capsule may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Imatib 100 mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Imatib 100 mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Imatib 100 mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Imatib 100 mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
What if you miss a dose of Imatib 100mg 10s Capsules?
If you miss a dose of Imatib 100 mg Capsule, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.