Composition Sevelamer Carbonate 800mg 30s, Sevcar 400mg 30s also available
Primary Use Increased phosphate levels in blood
Medicine Overview of Renvela Tablet
Uses of Renvela Tablet
Renvela 800mg Tablet is used in the treatment of increased phosphate levels in blood. It is used in patients with kidney problems and on dialysis.
Renvela Tablet side effects
Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain upper, Flatulence, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Dyspepsia.
How to use Renvela Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Renvela 800mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
How Renvela Tablet works
Renvela 800mg Tablet inhibits the absorption of phosphate from the intestine and lower the phosphate levels in the blood.
In Depth Information on Renvela Tablet
Expert advice for Renvela Tablet
- Take sevelamer tablets with meals.
- Avoid taking any other medicines within 1 hour before or 3 hours after you take sevelamer.
- Do not start or continue sevelamer and consult your doctor:
- if you have allergy to sevelamer.
- if you have problems with bowel motility such as feeling of fullness, urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, constipation, prolonged loose motions (diarrhea) or pain in the abdomen (symptoms of active inflammatory bowel disease).
- if you have undergone major surgery on your stomach or bowel.
- Do not take calcium or other mineral supplements without your doctor’s advice.
Renvela Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for Renvela Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Renvela 800mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Renvela 800mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
It is not known whether Renvela 800mg Tablet alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Renvela 800mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Renvela 800mg Tablet is recommended. However, regular monitoring of calcium levels is advisable in these patients.
Renvela 800mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Renvela 800mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
What if you miss a dose of Renvela Tablet?
If you miss a dose of Renvela 800mg Tablet, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.