Composition Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate IP 300 mg
Substitutes Tudofovir 300mg 30s,Tenvir 30s, Teravir 300mg 30s
Shipping Room Temperature
Medicine Overview of Ricovir Tablet
Uses of Ricovir Tablet
Ricovir 300mg Tablet is used in the treatment of HIV infection and chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection.
Ricovir Tablet side effects
Diarrhoea, Vomiting, Nausea, Dizziness, Rash, Feeling sick.
How to use Ricovir Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Ricovir 300mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
How Ricovir Tablet works
Ricovir 300mg Tablet prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
In Depth Information on Ricovir Tablet
Expert advice for Ricovir Tablet
- Do not take tenofovir if you are already taking medicines that contain tenofovir in combination with other drugs.
- Do not take tenofovir with other drugs that can potentially damage your kidneys; especially adefovir (used in treatment of hepatitis B).
- Contact your doctor immediately if you notice symptoms: deep and rapid breathing, drowsiness, urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, muscle pain or weakness, numb or cold feeling in your arms and legs, stomach pain, fast or uneven heart rate, or feeling very weak or tired. These might indicate development of a life-threatening side effect of tenofovir called lactic acidosis (excess lactic acid in blood). Lactic acidosis occurs more often in women, particularly if they are very overweight or are taking nucleoside antivirals for a long time.
- Tenofovir may damage your kidneys (nephrotoxicity). Constant monitoring of kidney function (blood tests to assess the health of kidneys) is advised while on treatment with tenofovir.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you have symptoms: persistent urge of vomit (nausea), upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (abnormal liver function causing yellowing of the skin or eyes). These might indicate development of severe liver damage.
- Decreases in bone mineral density can happen while taking tenofovir.
- Do consult your doctor before taking tenofovir if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not use tenofovir if you are breast-feeding.
- Tenofovir may cause lipodystrophy (changes in body fat – build up or loss of body fat) especially in elderly patients with HIV. Physical examination of fat redistribution and monitoring of blood levels of lipids and sugar may be advised in elderly.
- Discuss with your doctor about necessary precautions (practicing safer sex and making other life-style changes) to be taken to avoid spreading of HIV virus to others.
Ricovir Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for Ricovir Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Ricovir 300mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Ricovir 300mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Ricovir 300mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Ricovir 300mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Ricovir 300mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Ricovir 300mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Ricovir 300mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
What if you miss a dose of Ricovir Tablet?
If you miss a dose of Ricovir 300mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.