Composition Riluzole 50mg
Substitutes Riluzole 50mg
Shipping class Room Temperature
Medicine Overview of Rilutek 50mg 14s x 4 Tablets
Uses of Rilutek 50mg 14s x 4 Tablets
Rilutek 50 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
Rilutek 50mg 14s x 4 Tablets side effects
Weakness, Dizziness, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Reduced lung function
How to use Rilutek 50mg 14s x 4 Tablets
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Rilutek 50 mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach. Avoid Rilutek 50 mg Tablet with high-fat meals such as olive oil, nuts & seeds (Brazil nuts), dark chocolate, butter and meat.
How Rilutek 50mg 14s x 4 Tablets works
The Rilutek 50 mg Tablet works by modulating the action of glutamate, a chemical messenger involved in the transmission of nerve signals in the brain.
In Depth Information on Rilutek 50mg 14s x 4 Tablets
Expert advice for Rilutek 50mg 14s x 4 Tablets
- Riluzole is not recommended in children below 18 years of age.
- Inform your doctor if you have any liver or kidney problems or a low white blood cell count or experience any symptoms such as yellowing of your skin or the white of your eyes (jaundice), itching, feeling sick, fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
- You should be regularly monitored for liver parameters and blood counts while on riluzole therapy.
- Avoid large amounts of caffeine-containing foods and beverages, such as coffee, tea, cocoa, cola drinks, and chocolate as it may interact with riluzole.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as it may cause dizziness or drowsiness.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
Rilutek 50mg 14s x 4 Tablets related warnings
Special precautions for Rilutek 50mg 14s x 4 Tablets
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Rilutek 50 mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Rilutek 50 mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well. You may feel dizzy or light headed after taking this medicine. This may affect your driving ability.
There is limited information available on the use of Rilutek 50 mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Rilutek 50 mg Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
What if you miss a dose of Rilutek 50mg 14s x 4 Tablets?
If you miss a dose of Rilutek 50mg, take the medicine as soon as you remember. Do not double the dose.