Composition Sofosbuvir 400mg
Substitutes Hepcvir 28s, Hepcinat 28s, Myhep 28s, Resof 28s, Qurled 28s, Sofovir 28s, Sovaldi 28s (RU),Sovihep 28s, Viroclear 28s
Shipping class Room Temperature
Medicine Overview of SofoKast Tablet
Uses of SofoKast Tablet
SofoKast 400 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection.
SofoKast Tablet side effects
Fatigue,Nausea, Headache, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping),Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
How to use SofoKast Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. SofoKast 400 mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
How SofoKast Tablet works
SofoKast 400 mg Tablet is an antiviral medication. It works by lowering a load of hepatitis C virus in the body and removing the virus from the blood over a period of time.
In Depth Information on SofoKast Tablet
Expert advice for SofoKast Tablet
- SofoKast 400 mg Tablet is used along with other medications for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- It has fewer side effects compared to other similar medications.
- Take it with food, preferably at the same time everyday.
- You will usually need to take this medicine every day for either 12 or 24 weeks.
- It may cause fatigue, dizziness, and blurred vision. Don’t drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver function and the amount of hepatitis C virus in your body regularly.
- Do not stop taking SofoKast 400 mg Tablet without your doctor’s advice.
SofoKast Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for SofoKast Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
SofoKast 400 mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SofoKast 400 mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well. SofoKast 400 mg Tablet, when taken together with other medicines for the treatment of hepatitis c infection, may produce dizziness, blurred vision and this may affect your ability to drive.
SofoKast 400 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of SofoKast 400 mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limited information is available on use of SofoKast 400 mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate kidney disease.
SofoKast 400 mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with liver disease. No dose adjustment of SofoKast 400 mg Tablet is recommended.
What if you miss a dose of SofoKast Tablet?
If you miss a dose of SofoKast 400 mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.