Composition Lapatinib (250mg),Tykerb 250mg 70s (TR) also available
Primary Use Breast cancer
cautionPotentially unsafe with Lactation
Medicine Overview of Tykerb Tablet
Uses of Tykerb Tablet
Tykerb 250mg Tablet is used in the treatment of breast cancer.
Tykerb Tablet side effects
Nausea, Headache, Back pain, Breathing difficulty, Rash, Joint pain, Pain in extremity, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Loss of appetite, Dyspepsia, Hot flushes, Diarrhoea, Cough, Nose bleed, Constipation, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth).
How to use Tykerb Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Tykerb 250mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
How Tykerb Tablet works
Tykerb 250mg Tablet is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Tykerb Tablet
Expert advice for Tykerb Tablet
- Before taking Lapatinib, tell your doctor, if you have heart disease such as heart failure or had a heart attack. You may need to undergo cardiac function tests prior to initiation of treatment and during treatment with Lapatinib to monitor your condition.
- Lapatinib may cause liver damage which can be severe or life-threatening. Tell your doctor if you have or ever had liver disease.
- Take precautions as Lapatinib often causes diarrhea, which can be severe.
- You should be monitored for symptoms of pulmonary toxicity (dyspnea, cough, fever) and treatment should be discontinued if you experience severe symptoms.
- You must use a reliable method of contraception to avoid becoming pregnant while on Lapatinib.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as Lapatinib may cause extreme tiredness/weakness.
Tykerb Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for Tykerb Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Tykerb 250mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy. There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Tykerb 250mg Tablet is unsafe to use during lactation. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Tykerb 250mg Tablet may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Tykerb 250mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Tykerb 250mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limited information is available on the use of Tykerb 250mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate kidney disease.
Tykerb 250mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Tykerb 250mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limited information is available on the use of this medicine in patients with the severe liver disease.