Composition Crizotinib (250mg)
Substitutes Crizocent 250mg 60s, Crizonix 250mg 28s, Crizalk 60s
Shipping Room Temperature
Medicine Overview of Xalkori Capsule
Uses of Xalkori Capsule
Xalkori 250mg Capsule is used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer.
Xalkori Capsule side effects
Nausea, Vomiting, Edema (swelling), Diarrhoea, Constipation, Abdominal pain, Vision disorder, Dizziness, Altered taste, Fatigue, Decreased appetite, Rash, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils).
How to use Xalkori Capsule
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Xalkori 250mg Capsule may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Xalkori Capsule works
Xalkori 250mg Capsule is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Xalkori Capsule
Expert advice for Xalkori Capsule
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine if you have lung problems, severe kidney disease, mild or moderate liver disease, reduced heart rate, abnormal ECG of heart, inflammation, perforation or cancer of the abdomen or intestines, or vision problems.
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine for treatment of any infection, mental diseases, heart problems, migraine, gout, malaria, glaucoma, or cancer.
- You may be monitored for liver function, lung function test every month as crizotinib may cause life-threatening or fatal liver injury or inflammation of the lungs.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this drug as it may cause dizziness, tiredness and problems with your vision.
Xalkori Capsule related warnings
Special precautions for Xalkori Capsule
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Xalkori 250mg Capsule is unsafe to use during pregnancy. There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Xalkori 250mg Capsule is probably unsafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Xalkori 250mg Capsule may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or affect your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear.
Xalkori 250mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Xalkori 250mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Xalkori 250mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Xalkori 250mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Xalkori 250mg Capsule may not be advised in patients with the severe liver disease.
What if you miss a dose of Xalkori Capsule?
If you miss a dose of Xalkori 250mg Capsule, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.